Monday, February 13, 2012

First Examination

So I had my first examination today to see if i've dilated and whatnot. A med-student was there to observe the examination and thankfully I was able to decline her presence in the room. You may call me rude, but I do not need anyone else seeing my crotch. No thank you. I am now 38 weeks and dilated to a one and am 70% effaced. I'm not sure if effaced is the right word but it is something like that.  My doc told me that baby boy could be coming this week or maybe not for another three. I'm crossing my fingers that it is no longer than two weeks. I can't wait to see what he looks like. Maybe he will look like this...




or this


or (hopefully) this


Either way I will love him and can't wait for him to get here!


3 comments:

  1. this week????? what the. I AM SO EXCITED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Effaced is the right word, its means how thinned out your cervix is. I was one of those students last semester and I absolutely loved it when I was able to see deliveries. But there were a lot that refused students, but I totally understand because I would refuse a student as well in that situation! That is awesome you are so close to having a baby. Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete